EDS invests in people and affords owners and management more than just liquidity and investment dollars.
Running a company is a complex process, requiring expert planning, advice, and execution. In committing its own funds, EDS’ Private-Equity Group does not act as a broker but rather as a value-added partner—one who, together with its affiliates, has the ability to bring to the table the funds and expertise needed to realize almost any given type of project. Our seasoned Private-Equity Group professionals provide our portfolio companies and advisory clients’ with a broad range of value-creating—monetizing advice and services. This includes growing the company through strategic alliances and joint ventures from within our family of portfolio companies.
While we do not limit our investments and advisory services to any particular industry or sector. We are particularly attracted to and skilled at investing in and advising Biotechnology, Pharmaceutical and Life Sciences, Leading-Edge Defense Technologies and U.S. Government Contractors requiring TS Clearance, Women-Owned Businesses, and Distressed Assets real and moveable.
Agriceuticals® and Pharmaculture®— Science and technology in perfect harmony with nature.
EDS is pleased to announce its investments in Anjon Biologics, Inc., and the Anjon family of leading-edge pharmaceutical research and development companies—pioneers in breakthrough antibacterial and antimicrobial pharmaceuticals and drug-delivery agents for human and animal health and agriculture and, Miraflex® and the Miraflex® family of breakthrough research and development and use of anti-inflammatory delivery agents in human and animal health and agriculture—both PIONEERS IN AGRICEUTICALS® and PHARMACULTURE®.
Many extraordinary companies are closely-held and family-owned businesses. Owners of such businesses are motivated for a variety of reasons, but one element remains constant—they want their babies to grow and succeed. We regard our portfolio companies and clients as ‘Family‘. Our commitment is nurturing, reliable, constant, and untiring.
As patient long-term investors dedicated to value creation, when the time is right, we exit our investments through IPO’s, sales to strategic buyers, and other means.
EDS Private-Equity Group acquires majority stakes in companies or investment opportunities where a definitive, core strategy and superior execution will result in risk-adjusted investment returns. Our approach consists of a unique combination of infusing capital, utilizing strategic relationships, and working directly with existing management. This methodology allows EDS to deploy resources that dramatically increase revenue, cash flow, and growth.
EDS Private Equity Investments Group brings upward, post-acquisition value creation through initiatives which identify and execute formal roll-up strategies and horizontal/vertical integrations.
- Devising and implementing strategic plans, business plans, and formal budgeting processes.
- Overhauling and modernizing sales, marketing, recruitment, training, and management functions.
- Elevating technological and communication standards.
- Providing equity to management and utilizing heavily incentivized compensation plans.
- Leveraging our partnerships with recruiters, lenders, strategic partners, key contacts, accounting resources, and legal representation to maximize revenues and growth.
- Identifying potential exit strategies, when appropriate.
EDS seeks investment opportunities all over the world that range from $100,000 – $50,000,000+ in virtually every area, from idea phase, startup, angel, mature business cycle, or divestment of large, public entities.
- Equity Infusion
- Debt to Equity Conversion
- Partnership or Joint Venture
- EDS strongly prefers operating control in its investments in order to most effectively implement its growth strategies.
- Majority stake/controlling interest.
- An experienced management team that seeks to grow; or contingent upon specific factors, situations where the owner/operator seeks to retire, exit, or take equity out of the company.
- Potential scalability through organic growth, acquisitions or horizontal/vertical integration.
- Historically strong cash flow or demonstrated revenue build-up with potential to grow substantially.
- Strong positioning in the market or potential to become a leader in the market.
- Potential to realize significant efficiency gains from our unparalleled back office, accounting and legal support.