EDS Special Situations Investment Banking/Distressed M&A Advisory
Wall Street Smarts… Main Street Sense
Special situations investment banking refers to the practice of providing financial and strategic advice to companies or assets that are undergoing special situations such as mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, or other types of corporate transactions. Special situations investment bankers typically work with companies that are in financial distress or undergoing major changes in order to help them navigate these complex situations and optimize their financial outcomes.
Some of the key activities of special situations investment bankers include:
- Identifying and evaluating potential acquisition targets or divestiture candidates
- Advising on and executing complex financial transactions, such as mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures
- Assessing and managing risks related to a company’s financial distress
- Providing strategic and financial advice to boards of directors and management teams
- Raising capital for companies facing financial distress
Special situations investment bankers typically have a deep understanding of the industry and the specific companies and assets that they are working with, and are able to provide valuable insights and advice on how to navigate and capitalize on complex situations. They also have to be familiar with the regulatory environments and be able to work with lawyers, accountants, and other professionals to ensure that the transactions are executed smoothly and in compliance with the laws.
Special situations investment banking is considered a high-risk, high-return business and is usually less active than the traditional investment banking activities.
EDS represents many of the world’s leading multinational corporations in the disposition of their surplus and nonessential Capital Assets, real and moveable, and financial institutions, attorneys and law firms, creditors, investors, and myriad stakeholders throughout the world in the disposition of their Non-Performing Debt.
Our Special Situations Investment Banking and Mergers & Acquisitions Advisory Group leverage EDS’ proprietary global investment/asset recovery and distressed assets services platform to afford our institutional and individual clients the opportunity to benefit from our handling of such matters and our billions of dollars in special assets and special situations transactional and strategic advice and value-maximization services. As a boutique special situations investment bank, EDS does not engage in securities underwriting, trading, or other activities conducted by traditional investment banks. However, we provide a broad range of special situations research and M&A advisory services for public and private companies.
Our Special Situations Services Include:
- Handling the sale of a distressed company or division or divisional assets, real and moveable.
- Acquiring real and moveable special assets and special situations.
- Seeking out, identifying, and forming joint ventures and strategic partnerships for our creditor, investor, and stakeholder clientele.
When required, our strategic alliances with major Wall Street investment banks and international private-equity firms provide our clients with broad access to traditional full-service special situations investment-banking services and global investors and financial markets.
EDS has deep knowledge advising:
- Women-Owned Businesses
- Defense Related Businesses
- Environmentally impaired—Real and Moveable Property (Superfund and Brownfield Sites)
- Hospitality, Gaming, Resorts
- Shipyards, Admiralty, Maritime
- Aviation (Fixed and Rotor)
- Automotive (Manufacturing and Retail)
- Heavy Industrial Plants and Facilities
- Oil & Gas/Minerals
- Commercial and High-Value Residential Real Estate.
How may we be of service to you?